Take Learning on the GO with Your iPhone or iPod touch Apps!
New! English Learning Available!
For Speakers of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- NEW! Real-time Twitter search of words and phrases from within Byki for iPhone. Click here for more details.
- NEW! Byki for iPhone is OS3 compatible.
- NEW! Download lists easily using the updated interface on the Downloads screen and choose from over 5000 user created lessons from our List Central community on Byki.com/ListCentral.
- NEW! If you own Byki Deluxe on your MAC or PC, you can create your own lists and download them to your iPhone app.
- Learn more than 1000 words and phrases easily with Byki's 3-Step process.
- Track your progress with statistics on items you have learned.
See full list of NEW v. 1.1 features.
- Download your favorite companion study lists from popular textbooks!
- After you study test your knowledge with Byki Quizzes.
- Native speaker audio and SlowSound features help develop recognition and pronunciation skills.
Languages Available for Byki iPhone/iPod touch App:
Learn English on the iPhone/iPod touch App for the Following Languages:
Learn a language fast on your iPhone with perfect recall!
Over 3 million people have used Byki to help them learn a language on their computer, and now the same proven learning method is available in an iPhone app!
Byki will teach you over 1000 critical words and phrases with an easy, addictive, and lightning-fast 3-step process. Perfect your accent with native speaker sound, quiz yourself, and use the search feature to look up words like a phrase book. It takes just one simple download of the software application.
Experts agree that the most important part of learning a language is rapidly building a foundation of word and phrase knowledge. Byki is the fastest, most direct path to that goal - it "hacks" into your memory and fills it with foreign words and phrases. Whereas traditional learning methods spread their learning out across a multitude of lessons and activities, Byki gets right down to business with a proven three step process:
- Byki guides you through a review of the language material you will learn.
- It teaches you to recognize the written and spoken forms of each foreign word.
- Finally, Byki teaches you to produce the foreign word when prompted with the English.
Byki provides a personalized path to success based on your own strengths and weaknesses. It recognizes the material you learn quickly and takes note of those items that give you more trouble. Byki then maximizes the time you dedicate to language learning by focusing your efforts on the items that you find more challenging, without wasting your time on those you learn with ease.
The Byki learning methodology uses a paired language approach while introducing words and phrases to be learned. The use of the learner's native language as support for the learning of English makes the learning process faster and more effective by virtually eliminating ambiguity and improving retention.
Byki provides a fully localized learning environment for users to learn English. Both the application interface and the learning support material are presented in the learner's native language, making Byki ideal for true beginners with no previous English knowledge, through advanced learners looking to enhance and maintain their vocabulary. All this information can be control by the user and advanced to meet their learning curve.
The New Twitter search feature works in real time, enabling users to search for a word or phrase they are learning with Byki and see how real people are using them in conversation. To start Twittering, users can select a word or phrase they want an example of and simply press the Twitter icon in the bottom right corner of the Byki application. In seconds, live examples from current Twitter posts are displayed on the user's iPhone (and/or iPod touch). These live examples can display slang, formal, and informal vocabulary as it is actually used on Twitter.
Full list of new features added to Byki for iPhone v. 1.1 application:
- Download your own and favorite Byki lists through List Central. (Tap Downloads, then select lists.)
Learn how to download extra vocabulary lists to your iPhone or iPod touch
- See a cumulative history of your learning. (Tap Statistics.)
- Control sound volume directly from the activity screens.
- Use Search in English and the new language to find the words you want to learn.
- Delete lists you no longer want. (Tap Delete, then select lists.)
- Modify your card scores. (Tap Settings, then tap Change Scores and select options.)
- See additional comments on cards. (Tap the speech bubble beside certain cards. Not all cards and lists have card comments.)
- Take quizzes two ways - use either side of the card for answer prompts. (Tap Settings, then tap Quiz Settings and select the question and answer settings.)
- Track your progress on the Select a List screen. (Watch the squares change color as you complete lists.)
- Improved legibility of transliterated text for Chinese and Japanese.
- Notification feature: Quickly see how many lists you have available to learn.
- Customize the notification settings to suit your preferences. Keep track of the number of lists you've mastered instead.